Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Weather People Lied (Happy Easter)


This turned out much different than I expected. When I took the dog out in the morning there were some snowflakes coming down. As the day progessed the weather looked like is was going to break. By mid afternoon the sun was out and the temperature was head toward 50 degrees. By 2:30 PM I was on the bike and out on the road.


Lots of other people had the same idea since I saw lots of other riders. In fact after I made the loop to start my trip back home I spotted a couple of riders about a mile or so ahead of me. I decided to try and catchup with them so I got up out of the saddle. While I did catch them it ended up making for a rough ride home. I did not have much left for the next 10 miles.


I am not sure if I am going to be able to ride today. I am kind of sore and I could use the day off. I have 2:30 PM reservations for Easter Brunch at the Avenue in Long Branch, NJ and I have a 7:30 PM flight to Richmond, Virginia. I am cutting things close.


Maybe I will just take the dog for a walk and leave things at that.

No comments: