Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Sopranos' Ending and other stuff


I have not got home in time to ride this week so no new details on that front. I got a quick ride in on Sunday evening (just about an hour). I was planning on riding long on Sunday morning but I needed longer to recover from my Saturday ride than expected.




I timed my Sunday evening ride so that I would be back in time for the final episode of the Sopranos. I think I am one of the few people that loved the ending. I kept wondering how it was going to end. At first I thought I had hit a button on my remote and then I thought my cable had gone out. Then the credits started to run and I thought that it was cool way to end.




I have read lots of blogs and analysis of the final scene. I have also watched the last half of the episode again. I have decided that it is the audience that got "whacked" and not Tony. The line in the first episode of the season set it up when Tony told Bobby "You never see it coming and it just goes black". The same thing happens to the audience.




At first I thought the probability of the whole family meeting for dinner was slim but when I watched it again I realised that Carmela was working the phones to make sure the Meadow and AJ showed up.




I guess the members of Journey are pretty pumped that their song was used for the final scene. Turned out to be a good deal for them since I think it the song was one of the most downloaded song on iTunes on Monday. Here is a link to Journey's website: http://www.journeymusic.com/index2.html (I have to learn how to embed hyperlinks since this editor does not appear to have an option).




I do not have any of my own pictures to put on this post so I have used a Neal Schon in full 'fro picture. Is that a head of hair or what? The Gibson Neal Schon Signature Model is a Les Paul Custom with heavy mods including a Floyd Rose whammy. http://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/products/signature/schon/NealSchon.html





h

No comments: