Saturday, July 7, 2007

Live Earth: Music, Celebraties and Worm Poop


I have been watching the Live Earth Coverage on the Bravo (NBC) Network here in the United States. I was switching between the Tour de France coverage on Versus Network but the Prologue is a Time Trial and I have a hard time watching it. All the riders appear to be going fast. I am looking forward to the sprint stages this year. Robbie McEwen should do well this year since the World Sprint Champion and Giro Sprint Leader Alessandro Petacchi has been banned from the Tour. I was looking at LiquiGas' team entry and I did not see Giro winner Danilo Di Luca name on the roster. It looks like International Cycling is looking to show that they are serious and mean business.


Back to the Live Earth Concerts. Mixed in with clips of Celebraties giving helpful hints were two guys talking about Worm Poop. The name of the company is Terracycle and it is based in NJ. Even if they eventually end up here you have to love the creativity. I really hope they make it.

Mayor Bloomberg wants to charge drivers extra for taking a car or truck into Manhattan during normal business hours. I think that this is a great idea. NJ Gov. Jon Corzine was against the idea since he thinks the idea would overload the NJ Transit system. I am not sure if this is true or it is just politics and the Gov just wants to make sure New Jersey gets a fair share of the additional tax revenue. I have never understood why anyone would want to drive a car into Manhattan on a daily basis. Being stuck in traffic negates any convience that having your car with you would provide.

No comments: