Friday, November 2, 2007

Bike Snob NYC and Chicago


I picked up the December 2007 issue of Bicycling Magazine to read while I flew from Richmond Virginia to Newark, New Jersey. There was an interview with the guy who maintains the blog Bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com. I read the interview while I was sitting on the plane waiting to push back from the gate (flight was the 5:05 PM Continental direct to Newark). I figured that I would have to wait to get home before I could check it out. However, it is now 6:36 PM and I am sitting in the terminal writing this blog entry (RIC has free wireless internet).

It turns out there is even a Chicago version called Bikesnobchicago.blogspot.com.

They are both interesting reads. Lately, Bike Snob NYC has been beating up on the Specialized Langster City Models. While the Langster Seattle kind of interests me I am not sure I would add it to my bike roster. I do have to agree. I think the 2007 Langster offerings were right. However, it appears that the 2008 models have more interest. The Peddler in Long Branch, NJ still has the 56 Langster that originally caught my eye. They also have the 54 Langster Comp that I dream about. So I guess single speeds are not a big seller in this part of New Jersey.

Here are a couple more blogs that cyclists might find interesting.



Eric "Roscoe" Ambel - Knuckleheadnyc Blog - Guitarist (Joan Jett, The Del-lords, Steve Earle), Producer and Fixie Rider

Check out the links to the Blogs on the right hand side of this blog.

If Bicycling Magazine wants to interview me I am more than open to it. I would even use my real name.

Finally made it back from Richmond at about 9:30 PM. I could have driven faster. The Jet Way at the gate was broken so it took us an extra 20 minutes to get off the flight. The second broken Jet Way since August. Both times on Continental.

1 comment:

brettok said...

Thanks for the ups there mate. Not that I think my blogs are that interesting though. BikesnobNYC is a great blog, very well written and hilarious. The Chicago one is a very poor imitation in my books, but imitation is the best form of flattery, right?