Thursday, November 29, 2007

Yelp


I just noticed that I have not put a new blog posting up since Thanksgiving Day. There a couple of things that have been keeping me busy. Unlike BrettOk who has been taking part in Underground Mountain Bike Races I have been living large in Richmond (actually Glen Allen), Virginia. Since the days are short there is not much to do here in the evening except dream about cycling. It is looking like I am going to be happy with one ride a week and be elated if I get two rides in on the week from now till spring.

One of the things I have been doing is rating places such as restaurants, bike shops, parks and grocery stores on a site called Yelp. I found this site from this blog that I discovered from the other networking site I use called Linkedin. It turns out that both Yelp and Linkedin are both related to PayPal. It is amazing how small the world is sometime.

It turns out that this yelp site is kind of addictive. Since I travel quite a bit it could come in handy when I am looking for some place to eat, stay or shop. It does work much better in the larger cities were almost everything has been reviewed. Out in the suburbs and smaller cities there are less reviews. I am trying to do my part. In fact the only reason I have been leaving the hotel room other than to hit the gym is that I am often looking for something to review.

Check out yelp when you get a chance.

No comments: