Saturday, May 19, 2007

70s Punk Playlist refined












In one of my previous posts I mentioned that I had created a 70s Punk Playlist. I have been refining it lately. Right now it is what I am listening to.

I have added complete albums instead of invidual songs. The goal is that I will listen to the complete album and I might find a new favorite. Also, I sort the list by track number so that the albums play in order but not all at once.

At this point there are 412 songs in the list.

I have tried to make the list of albums/songs that were released before 1980. However, some of the albums in the list are anthologies and some of the songs are from the 80s and 90s. I guess it goes to show that nothing is perfect.

Here is the list.

  1. Iggy Pop/The Stooges - A Million in Prizes: The Iggy Pop Story


  2. Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Armed Forces



  3. The B-52's - The B-52s




  4. Richard Hell & the Voidoids - Blank Generation




  5. The Clash - The Clash




  6. Gang of Four - Entertainment




  7. Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Get Happy




  8. The Clash - Give'em enough Rope




  9. Patti Smith - Horses




  10. The Clash - London Calling




  11. The Ramones - Loud Fast




  12. Television - Marquee Moon




  13. Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks




  14. Elvis Costello - My Aim is True




  15. The Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks




  16. New York Dolls - New York Dolls



  17. The Police - Outlandos d'Amour




  18. The Police - Regatta de Blanc




  19. Lou Reed - Rock'n Roll Animal




  20. Talking Heads - Sand in the Vaseline (this is an anthology)




  21. The Clash - Sandinista (Might have been release in 1980 but it is the masterpiece so it went on the list)




  22. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - New Boots & Panties




  23. The Stranglers - The Stranglers' Greatest Hits




  24. Elvis Costello - This Years Model




  25. Wreckless Eric - Wreckless Eric


I should probably add some of the Ska Punk Bands that came out about the same time such as the Specials, the English Beat, and Madness. Unfortunately, I do have any of this in my iTunes collection. I should probably add some. However, my iPod is full and I have to remove music in order to add new stuff.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.




No comments: